But, then again, you can fuse all kinds of things together, should you choose to do so. The Brazilian virtuoso trio of Cuca Teixeira (drs), Kiko Loureiro (gtr) and Thiago Santo (bs) are a wonderful case in point. Their 2009 album Neural Code seamlessly blends Latin grooves, jazz, funk and metal (Loureiro usually plays with Angra).
There_s nothing forced here; the elements interact nicely and the overall experience is organic. The production may sound less than top notch to some ears but I found the slightly rough around the edges sound very alive and warm. The trio lineup does not need too many aural enhancements anyway; all the better if it sounds like a gig.
The playing is of the highest calibre and the grooves are always dynamic and varied - I found myself happily bouncing along as I listened to this on my iPhone on a nice summer day. For a while, Finland felt like a much more southern place - thanks guys :)

No comments:
Post a Comment